Whether or not it’s your dream to be the next Mary Berry, anyone can help support a charity by holding a bake sale. Many of our loyal supporters enjoy outdoor challenges and are intrepid in the extreme – cycling, climbing, rowing, walking, running in all kinds of unpredictable weather conditions. But it’s always nice to enjoy a cosy cuppa in the warm and risk only a potential flapjack feeding frenzy, rather than a torn ligament! To help make your bakes stand out from the crowd, we’ve compiled a list of ideas and found some delicious recipes for showstopping treats that you could whip up to sell at work, at school, or to family and friends to help raise the crucial funds that allow us to support our wounded veterans.
1. Don’t be afraid to experiment with colour – the brighter, the better!
2. Mix different types of chocolate together in your bakes – there’s no such thing as too much chocolate.
Photo: Flickr; Lee McCoy
3. Sprinkles are always a good idea!
4. People like peanut butter and they like chocolate chip cookies, put those things together and you’re onto something magical.
5. Add Nutella to everything and you can’t go wrong.
6. Cake pops are little pieces of heaven and everyone will appreciate them, not only do they taste great, they also look really fun!
7. Make a cookie cake and give people the best of both worlds!
No matter what you bake, remember to have fun!