Supporting Our Wounded Into Work

Raising funds to retrain and re-skill our wounded and support them in finding new careers outside the Military. You can help by making a donation or fundraising for the charity.

Thank You

Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on LinkedIn
fundraising costs charity

What we achieved in 2015 with your support

Thanks to all our amazing fundraisers we were able to support the most vulnerable veterans in 2015. With your generosity we will continue to support these individuals, not just those with physical and mental injuries, but those who find themselves without a home or within the Criminal Justice System. These veterans are often difficult to locate, difficult to provide for, and too often ignored. But we believe they are nonetheless deserving of the gratitude and thanks of our country. We believe they deserve their independence, for them and their families to be secure. At the core of that is having a career, a job in which they are able to thrive, using the skills they developed in the Armed Forces.

First Steps

Providing enhanced training and vocational skills to support veterans into employment after leaving the Armed Forces.

  • In 2015 we received 94 applications to First Steps
  • 39% of those have completed their training and are available for work and 72% are in sustainable employment. We continue to support the other 28%.
  • The remaining 61% of approved applications are either In training or awaiting their course start date.

Home Straight

Providing veterans who are homeless and in temporary accommodation the support and training in order to move back into sustainable employment and regain their independence

  • In 2015 we have supported 300 homeless veterans on their career pathway to sustainable employment.

Head Start

Addresses the increasing needs of ex-service personnel suffering with mental injuries

  • In 2015, 115 veterans seeking support were referred to us from the NHS, other WWTW programmes and other charitable organisations.
  • Of those 115, Head Start supported 97 veterans with private therapy sessions.

Project Nova

Identifying and supporting those veterans caught up in a cycle of low level anti-social and criminal activity, to prevent further downward spiral and continued offending by supporting them back into mainstream society and long term employment.

  • In 2015 we have supported 114 veterans across 3 delivery areas in Norfolk & Suffolk, Greater Manchester and Northumbria.

Explore our site