Walking Home For Christmas is Walking With The Wounded’s campaign to support veterans who don’t have a home to walk to this Christmas by helping them back into employment and independence.
- Just £10 towards the cause to enter
- Get a pack with a branded Santa hat, hi-vis bib and wristband
- Walk as far as is challenging for you, be it 1 mile or 100
- Fundraising is optional but could you raise £50?
- Anywhere and any time in December
Many of our veterans have walked in far worse and more dangerous environments than we might care to imagine. This is your chance to be inspired by their determination and challenge yourself to take part.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
- Pre-register using the form above and we’ll contact you when registration opens.
- We’ll send you a branded Santa hat, hi-vis event vest and fundraising pack in October – or earlier if needed.
- Set a date and plan your route.
- Grab your trainers and hit the road, countryside or coast!
HOW WILL WE SUPPORT YOU?
- A fundraising pack full of ideas.
- List of walks open to the public to join.
- Advice on how to organise your own walk or get your company involved.
- Prizes – Keep your eyes peeled for opportunities to win.
- PR and publicity as part of a nationwide marketing campaign.
- WHFC Facebook group for updates and photos
- Share your plans using #WalkingHomeForChristmas
WHO WILL YOUR MONEY HELP?
- Walking With The Wounded supports veterans with physical, mental or social injuries on their journey to long-term security, independence and employment.
- Walking Home For Christmas raises funds for WWTW’s Home Straight programme which supports homeless veterans back into employment.
- We currently have projects in London, Manchester, Glasgow, Newcastle, Catterick, Aldershot and Bristol with four more opening soon.
- Every £40,000 funds a new centre, which supports veterans like Sean.
We would love to hear from you.