Sahara 100km Trek Challenge
Mark WWTW's 10th anniversary as part of our 100km Sahara trek challenge team
Join fellow supporters of Walking With The Wounded on the most amazing walking adventure across the Sahara Desert - trekking 100km to mark our 10th anniversary year and raise funds to support those who served.
This will be a memorable adventure, whether you are inspired by our Marathon des Sables team, our 2020 expedition, have taken part in our Cumbrian Challenge and looking for something longer, or are new to the charity and seeking a challenge for 2020 for yourself or to do with family, friends or colleagues.
You will trek 100km through dunes, over stony plains and along dry river beds, camping at night under spectacular stars. For all the runners out there, the trek loosely follows part of the Marathon des Sables, denoted by the little coloured pebbles on the ground.
The trip is organised by Tribal Tracks founder Charlie Richards, ex Army Officer in the Royal Logistics Corps, who will be looking after all aspects of this exciting trip and you will also be joined by Chris Carlisle who is ex military, has experienced his own issues and now works as an employment advisor for WWTW to share stories with you, give motivation and inspire you with tales of how your fundraising has transformed lives.
The trip is fully supported by local guides, fantastic chefs, a Tribal Tracks leader, as well as jeeps and camels - it is simply awe-inspiring.
- Experience the varied terrain and the wildlife of the Sahara Desert;
- Trek over plateaus and sand dunes and through valleys, gorges, and stunning oases;
- Trek between 12-25km per day, a total of 100km;
- Walk with and learn from an ex military representative of Walking With The Wounded
- Fully supported trek with camels and desert guides and cooks;
- Experience the extremes of the desert’s day and night temperatures;
- Sleep under canvas, after an evening looking at the clear African skies around the campfire;
- Enjoy the final night celebration (and a hot shower!) to salute the group’s impressive achievement.
Dates and group size
The dates for our Sahara Desert Challenge are Saturday 8 – Friday 14 February 2020.
The maximum group size for each trek is 18 people. The minimum group size will be 10 people. The deadline for booking is 31st October 2019 the and places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
£1695 per person (including flights)
Payable as £400 deposit and balance of £1295 by 20 December
Minimum goal of £675 to support a veteran through our mental health programme.
Please contact Andy Sloan at Walking With The Wounded on email@example.com.