Sahara 100km Trek Challenge
An unforgettable charity walk through the desert with a Walking With The Wounded team to show your support for ex military
Join fellow supporters of Walking With The Wounded on the most amazing walking adventure across the Sahara Desert - trekking 100km to raise funds to support those who served.
This will be a memorable adventure, whether you are inspired by our Marathon des Sables team, our 2020 Oman expedition, have taken part in our Cumbrian Challenge and looking for something longer, or are new to the charity and seeking a charity challenge for 2021 for yourself or to do with family, friends or colleagues.
Our inaugural desert trek in 2020 was a huge success with the following feedback:
- The Sahara Trek was an amazing experience, brilliantly organised and an absolute privilege to visit the desert and raise money for WWTW. Making such good friends was a total bonus and I can’t wait to do another challenge.
- Most amazing adventure in the Sahara with Tribal Treks making friends and memories.
- A wonderfully calming experience. The combination of physical exertion and being in a truly majestic setting which changed from day to day was more than I could have hoped for.
- This was a challenge both physically and mentally for me, I pushed myself and I feel better for it. Helped me realise I am stronger than I knew.
- Spectacular scenery. Breath-taking views. Inspirational people. Rewarding physical challenge. Unique and unforgettable experience.
You will trek 100km through dunes, over stony plains and along dry river beds, camping at night under spectacular stars. For all the runners out there, the trek loosely follows part of the Marathon des Sables, denoted by the little coloured pebbles on the ground.
The trip is organised by Tribal Tracks founder Charlie Richards, ex Army Officer in the Royal Logistics Corps, who will be looking after all aspects of this exciting trip and you will also be joined by a member of Walking With The Wounded to share stories with you, give motivation and inspire you with tales of how your fundraising has transformed lives.
The trip is fully supported by local guides, fantastic chefs, a Tribal Tracks leader, as well as jeeps and camels - it is simply awe-inspiring.
- Experience the varied terrain and the wildlife of the Sahara Desert;
- Trek over plateaus and sand dunes and through valleys, gorges, and stunning oases;
- Trek between 12-25km per day, a total of 100km;
- Walk with and learn from an ex military representative of Walking With The Wounded
- Fully supported trek with camels and desert guides and cooks;
- Experience the extremes of the desert’s day and night temperatures;
- Sleep under canvas, after an evening looking at the clear African skies around the campfire;
- Enjoy the final night celebration (and a hot shower!) to salute the group’s impressive achievement.
Dates and group size
The dates for our Sahara Desert Challenge are 6-12 February 2021.
The maximum group size for each trek is 18 people. The minimum group size will be 10 people. The deadline for booking is 31st October 2020 the and places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
£1725 per person (including flights)
Payable as £400 deposit and balance of £1325 payable by 1 December
Minimum goal of £675 to support a veteran through our mental health programme.
Please contact Alice Cluff at Walking With The Wounded on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to see the full itinerary.