Call To Arms Business Challenge
Fire up your teams and create business opportunities while supporting Walking With The Wounded
Walking With The Wounded's Call To Arms Business Challenge is the chance to bring your teams back together for an entrepreneurial experience between Armed Forces Day in June and Remembrance Day in November, competing against other organisations across the UK to raise funds for those who served.
The Apprentice-style event will see your team briefed by inspiring experts and Walking With The Wounded beneficiaries to create innovative ways to generate income that could also help your own career and business.
For example creating a new product with a donation per sale to WWTW, offering a promotion to veterans for your services with a kickback to the charity, hosting a business networking event with a donation ask of attendees or creating an internal competition between staff or your supply chain that sparks engagement while also raising donations.
Your mission? To raise a minimum of £1000 between Armed Forces Day and Remembrance Day.
Your opportunity? To raise your profile within your business, your community, your sector and help drive your business forwards with positive PR, connections and teamwork.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- RECRUIT your team of 1-10 employees (sole traders to PLCs welcome), join and raise money anytime before 11 November and for maximum impact joining before 26 June.
- LEARN about your potential from three lunchtime video calls in June with inspiring speakers and about the social impact your fundraising will make, enabling veterans and their families to thrive and contribute once more.
- INNOVATE and review your business, supply chain, customers, business development and marketing to create new events and income opportunities that could reveal commercial potential for your business and career – unlocking your entrepreneurial spirit and teamwork to achieve your mission.
- PITCH your plans to our panel for advice and expert feedback.
- ENGAGE your team and deliver between Armed Forces Day on 26 June and Remembrance Day on 11 November 2021.
- GROW with support from our team and unique mentoring opportunities across the summer including a virtual ‘halfway’ opportunity to network and learn from other teams.
- CELEBRATE everyone’s success with an in-person awards evening where the top three fundraising teams also get to pitch for the first Call To Arms champion medals.
- 22, 24, 29 June - Inspiring video talks to spark ideas
- 26 June - Armed Forces Day: official start line
- 5-9 July - Pitch plans to our panel for support and advice
- 7 September - Virtual 'halfway' event to share knowledge, inspire and accelerate
- 11 November - Remembrance Day: official finish line
- 18 November - Prizegiving celebration and final pitches
To register your interest please email email@example.com
"Partnering with Walking With The Wounded has inspired our workforce and surpassed all our expectations." Jackie Cuthbert, Head of Social Impact & Communications, Sunbelt Rentals UK
"Walking With The Wounded deliver value on so many levels." Scott Johnson, Founder, Veteran Owned UK
"Barclays is delighted to be supporting Walking With The Wounded - a fabulous charity who work tirelessly to support some of our most disadvantaged veterans and their families." Lisa Marr, VETS Programme Manager, Barclays PLC