Great North Run 2022
Join Team Walking With The Wounded for your chance to take part in the “World’s Greatest Half Marathon”!
Join team Walking With The Wounded at the Great North Run for 2022!
Looking to smash your next running goal, cross something off the bucket list and raise money for a fantastic cause? Join Team Walking With The Wounded at The Great North Run this year!
57,000 determined and dedicated runners make the Great North Run the World’s biggest and best half marathon – famous for its warm North East welcome, unbeatable atmosphere and the millions raised for good causes.
Why Walking With The Wounded?
WWTW believe that those who served, deserve. It is our mission to ensure that veterans who need support of any kind are taken care of, and we do this through four key areas: care co-ordination, employment, mental health and volunteering. Your fundraising could make a massive difference to someone’s life:
- £82 could fund a private therapy session for an ex-serviceman or woman to begin the process of addressing their mental health needs
- £100 could fund a homeless veteran to travel to and from a job interview, which may lead to paid employment – the first step towards security and independence.
- £988 could fund a course of therapy, giving a veteran the tools to support their mental health needs now and in the future.
Your fundraising will will help change the lives of those who served – reigniting their sense of purpose and enabling them to make a positive contribution once more; and we've already impacted some incredible people with the help of fundraisers like you.
Meet Harry, a veteran who has been supported through our mental health programme:
About the event with WWTW
When you join team WWTW, we will be on hand to offer you dedicated support with a member of our fundraising and events teams, and you’ll also receive:
- A WWTW running vest
- A fundraising pack filled to the brim with fundraising tips, tricks and ideas
- Regular email updates about the event and how we can help
- A community of your fellow teammates on Facebook, offering a chance to network and support your fellow runners!
- We will have cheer stations at the race to cheer you on as you run!
Not only will you be doing something amazing for veterans who need our support, you'll also be doing something incredibly beneficial to yourself! Our colleagues at Challenge The Wild, explain the benefits of being outdoors to your mental and physical health.
If you or your friends are interested in running the race, or being involved in our cheer stations as a volunteer opportunity, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can't wait to welcome you as part of the team!
The WWTW Events Team