Join the Walking With The Wounded Team at a half marathon in the iconic heart of London!
London Landmarks Half Marathon 2023
The London Landmarks Half Marathon is a closed road, central London run and is the only half marathon to go through both the City of London and City of Westminster. The event is not your average half marathon! From cultural landmarks and heritage to the city’s quirky and hidden secrets, runners get to explore the capital on a route like no other!
Will you join team Walking With The Wounded to take part in this spectacular event?
Why Walking With The Wounded?
WWTW believe that those who served, deserve. It is our mission to ensure that veterans who need support of any kind are taken care of, and we do this through four key areas: care co-ordination, employment, mental health and volunteering. Your fundraising could make a massive difference to someone’s life:
- £82 could fund a private therapy session for an ex-serviceman or woman to begin the process of addressing their mental health needs
- £100 could fund a homeless veteran to travel to and from a job interview, which may lead to paid employment – the first step towards security and independence.
- £988 could fund a course of therapy, giving a veteran the tools to support their mental health needs now and in the future
You can find out more below:
About the event with WWTW
When you join team WWTW, we will be on hand to offer you dedicated support with a member of our fundraising and events teams, and you’ll also receive:
- A WWTW running vest
- A fundraising pack filled to the brim with fundraising tips, tricks and ideas
- Regular email updates about the event and how we can help
- A community of your fellow teammates on Facebook, offering a chance to network and support your fellow runners!
- We will have cheer stations at the race to cheer you on as you run!
Not only will you be doing something incredible for veterans who need our support, you'll also be doing something really beneficial to yourself! Our colleagues at Challenge the Wild explain the benefits of being outdoors;
If you or your friends are interested in running the race, or being involved in our cheer stations as a volunteer opportunity, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can't wait to welcome you as part of the team!
The WWTW Events Team