Cumbrian Challenge 2020 - A special invite
Mark WWTW's 10th anniversary year with us and our beneficiaries
The Cumbrian Challenge is Walking With The Wounded's flagship fundraising event - and in 2020 it will be a special occasion as we mark the charity's 10th anniversary and celebrate our 1,000th team taking part in Grasmere.
There is space for 200 teams of 3 or 4 people to take part in the Lake District on 16 May so we are inviting all of our past supporters - and anyone wanting to start supporting the charity to sign up your team and come and meet our team.
The event is run by WWTW staff and volunteers and you'll meet and walk with teams of our beneficiaries from across the UK.
Crucially, every team that signs up will support another veteran back into employment and independence through their fundraising by working together to hit a £2k target which adds an incredible sense of reward to crossing the finish-line after an exhilirating day in the fells.
And we've invited all our expedition teams from the North Pole, Everest, South Pole, Walk of Britain and Walk of America too for one big reunion.
Find out more and don't miss the early bird entries at www.cumbrianchallenge.org - Unsure? Read all the testimonials below...
You don't want to hear what we say about the event - you want to hear what past teams have said:
- “A fantastic event that challenges us to be better team mates.” Andy Robb
- "A true challenge and testiment to what team collaboration and pushing your boundaries can achieve! 2019 participant
- “If you think you are fit and looking for a new challenge then this is it! I run marathons, mud races, long distance bike rides, triathlons etc. and I can honestly say this was by far the toughest challenge I have ever done. Not only did I have to conquer my fear of heights the tougher route was physically challenging as well. It is one of only two medals I have that I can honestly say I truly earned!” Sarah JC Lewis, Birketts LLP
- “I have done the Tough route in 2018 and 2019 and love the challenge. It has helped me to get to know my colleagues at work who are part of the team and also through our fundraising events. I love that you allow dogs to take part, allowing me to bring my four-legged best friend, and give them a medal afterwards as they have done the hard work too!” 2019 participant
- “Amazing weekend and
a challenging walk but I’d definitely do it again” Jonathon Mccabe (beneficiary) Mike Jackson house.
- “A genuine challenge in hostile but well managed conditions with a host of excellent volunteers. Make sure you enjoy the beers the night before and after for a truly great experience!” Simon - Shard Capital
- “Anyone considering joining next year's event should not hesitate.there are routes for levels of fitness but the camorady that happens whilst doing makes you forget any fears or aches as it's such an amazing day. You get to chat to the people you are supporting and our service men are heroes who deserve a payitforward by ourselves to show our support.” Tracy Todd All Together Cumbria
- “The walk was physically and emotionally draining, but the feeling afterwards was amazing!” Charlie Carlin
- “The event and show was amazing I would always recommend people to come and walk for the wounded” 2019 Participant
- “I never thought I could walk 32Km. It was an amazing event with amazing people. It was those amazing people that got me to the end.....even finish with a sprint! Can't wait for next year.” 2019 Participant
- “A great event, well worth taking part in for the personal challenge, the team building, friendship making all the while supporting our veterans.” Siobhan Riley
- “WWTW event helps veterans, promotes health and encourages friendship.” 2019 Participant
- “We had an amazing day , the sense of achievement was immense. I took part with my son & I couldn’t be prouder of him” 2019 Participant
- “Really well run event. Amazing volunteers. Fantastic cause!” 2019 Participant
- “As a first timer to this event I found it fantastic. The wwtw team and event was well organised, nothing was a silly question and support was always on hand. We did the tougher route and it was tough. I would highly recommend this if you want a personal challenge with your friends or if you want to build some team spirit as an organisation. Well done to the Cumbrian Challenge team.” 2019 Participant
- “This event gives you the chance to give something back to those who put themselves in harm’s way to protect us all. It is an event that not only enriches your life but can help the lives of those who have served and their families when they need it most. The Tougher route is brutal on the body and mind but that makes the taste of success so sweet. Brilliant!!” 2019 Participant
- “I’ve taken part in this event since the first year and it has grown bigger and better every year. It’s evolved into a well Organised safe and challenging event that attracts teams from All Walks of life . We thoroughly enjoy this challenging but strangely addictive event” 2019 Participant
- “Fantastic event, well organised and a hiking challenge, all for a really worthwhile charity.” Dougie Lloyd
- “Was a fantastic weekend shame my knee gave out very grateful for being a part of it.” John Rowe, Veterans Alabare
- “It was a pleasure to raise money and awareness for our armed service personnel that need a helping hand whether they are too proud to realise it or not, a wonderful organisation supporting the best armed forces on the planet.” 2019 Participant
- “Stretched my beyond my limits and would have quit if not for support from fellow walkers and the sponsor monies back home!!!” 2019 Participant
- “Don’t think this is an easy task, the clues in the title “challenge” but it is so worth the effort, just do it! You will love it!” Andrew Jones, Morson Old Boy.
- “An absolutely great weekend from start to finish. It really is more challenging than we had anticipated, taking on the tougher route. We will certainly be back again next year!!” Dan Sutton AEW Architects
- “Amazing, support this charity as it is the best at giving something back to those who deserve it” 2019 Participant
- “A fantastic weekend and event. Challenge by name, challenge by nature! It was tough, but a great sense of achievement at the end. I'll be back!” John Druce, Arqiva
- “If anyone
is looking for a great challenge to undertake with colleagues and or friends
then this event is the one. It really is a challenge but you feel you have
achieved something which supports a great cause.” 2019 participant