OP-REGEN and City of Trees
OP-REGEN team up with City of Trees to plant trees across Greater Manchester
Walking With The Wounded’s volunteering programme, OP-REGEN is working in partnership with City of Trees to plant 1000’s of trees, and there are opportunities for you to get involved.
City of Trees is the team behind a movement to plant 3 million trees across Greater Manchester over the next 5 years, working with communities, organisations and businesses to plant a tree for every person living in the region.
City of Trees are offering paid short-term work to teams of veterans, who will be tasked with carrying out activities such as:
· Marking out tree planting plots using wooden stakes
· Sapling tree-planting
· Installing ‘mulch mats’ and applying woodchip at the base of trees to supress grass and weeds
· Work will take place in the boroughs of Bury, Oldham, Salford, Tameside and Wigan.
· Planting has started and teams are working hard, finishing on or after Friday 23rd April.
· Participants will receive £9.50 per hour, working 9:30 – 5:30 each day (7 hours per day, with 1 hour break / lunch).
· Additional hours will be paid at the same rate - Working week: Monday to Friday (no weekends or bank holidays).
· Training will be provided on tree-planting techniques.
· Covid-19 compliance followed and assured.
· All tools and gloves provided.
You will work alongside City of Trees staff. This is a great opportunity to learn new skills, meet new people and help Greater Manchester get green by creating new woodlands and hedges!
Want to get involved? Register your interest here
Find out more about the City of Trees initiative here