Cumbrian Challenge – Must have kit
There are just under 2 weeks to go until our highly anticipated Cumbrian Challenge returns to the Fells in the Lake District.
So far, over 124 teams (434 participants) have signed up to take on the Peak, Tough or Tougher routes and as everyone gets ready to join us in Grasmere, it is vital that you are prepared for a day on the hills.
We have put together some kit items that you should bring with you.
First and foremost, the Cumbrian Challenge is held in the Lake District, and it is called the Lake District for a reason. It is important that you pack good quality, lightweight all-weather gear to ensure you can comfortably and safely complete the challenge. This includes:
1. A good lightweight waterproof jacket and trousers
2. Pre-worn and comfortable walking boots and walking socks
3. Day-sized rucksack for the walk (approx. 25 litres)
4. Walking clothes (Avoid wearing jeans and cotton shirts or tops. These can become uncomfortable if you get sweaty or wet. We recommend that you wear synthetic walking trousers/leggings and non-cotton tops).
5. Spare warm clothes, a hat, and gloves (the weather can be unpredictable in the Lake District)
6. Packed lunch and snacks to keep you going
7. Water bottle (you will need to carry a minimum of 2 litres)
8. First Aid Kit (personal first aid kit and medication, including compeed blister plasters). We have first aiders on site, however, it is always useful to have your own kit to hand in case of minor injuries on the Fells.
12. Mobile phone and ideally, a battery pack
We hope you enjoy this year’s Cumbrian Challenge, and we cannot wait to welcome you back to the event village soon.
Every pound you raise through fundraising makes a huge difference to the lives of those who served. Keep working towards your fundraising target and help us to support more veterans and their families.