How to Start Your Fundraising
Here are some quick and easy tips to get your fundraising off to a flying start – whether you are taking part in our Cumbrian or Balmoral Challenges, or doing your own thing.
It’s not rocket science, the earlier you get started with your fundraising, the easier it will be. And the stats show that people who get started earlier raise more.
Time flies too so although your event might sound far away, the weeks will zoom by so it’s wise to get cracking on setting up and sending out your fundraising page today. The sooner you get going, the sooner you’ll be able to shout about reaching your target!
For our Cumbrian Challenge and Balmoral Challenge we ask that you aim for £2,000 per team – that’s £500 per team member.
“How do I raise £2000?”
No fear. We’ve got fundraising ideas for you all. Trust me; it’s easier than you might think and you’ll be surprised how successful you can be. For starters, £2,000 breaks down to £500 each in a team of four.
Here are five simple ideas to get you started and raise your first £50:
1. Donate your own first tenner! It might seem like cheating…but no one likes to see £0 in the pot. And it encourages others to follow your example.
2. Balance a £1 on a lemon! Easy peasy lemon squeezy….right? Wrong! All you need is a bowl of water and a lemon
3. Ask your employer about matched funding. Double your fundraising in an instant and it’s only ONE question away. Ask your boss this week
4. Email EVERYONE in your contact list! But make sure you tell them what you’re doing and why and ask them to check out your fundraising page. You’ll be surprised at how many people will want to support you, whether it’s £20 from a relative, or £5 from an old school friend
5. Sell donuts at work. Nip down to your local supermarket and snap up a few boxes of sugary goodness. Sell them at work for a £1 a donut. Yes its daylight robbery. But it’s for charity, and it works. You could have £50 in the pot pretty quickly. Not a bad start!
Hopefully these will get you going in the right direction. The basic rule is if you don’t ask… and the more times you ask the more successful you’ll be.
If you need any help with your fundraising we are here to help. Email email@example.com or give us a call in the office on 01263 863 902.