Marathon des Sables 2022
Join Walking With The Wounded's team as you take on the 'toughest footrace on earth'
Places are now open to join Walking With The Wounded's team as we return to the infamous Marathon des Sables with a huge team, including our CEO Ed Parker and ex RAF Sgt Duncan Slater (the first double leg amputee to complete the race).
Have you got what it takes?
The Marathon des Sables, or 'MdS, is ranked by the Discovery Channel as the 'toughest footrace on earth'. Competitors have to take on five and a half marathons in five or six days across the Sahara desert. The rules require you to be self-sufficient, to carry with you on your back everything except water that you need to survive. You are given a place in a tent to sleep at night, but any other equipment and food must be carried.
Register your interest today to train and run with our team and be part of this memorable adventure in Morocco - which will start counting down in earnest with warm up events from April 2020. Places for the MdS every year are highly sort over and go on a first come, first served basis so flag your interest early and register with the UK registration company for the event, UK Run Ultra here: https://marathondessables.co.uk/terms/.
The dates for the 2022 event are TBC but most likely to be 1st-11th April 2022.
How to join our 2022 MdS team:
To tick the bucket list and get involved in this extraordinary event as part of a committed and supportive team please call Tom Grimshaw at Walking With The Wounded on 01263 863 902 or email firstname.lastname@example.org today. We look forward to hearing from you.
Reasons to join our team?
- Walking With The Wounded has a strong reputation at the MdS with our teams having a higher success rate of finishers than others - the team works together to support each other through the tough six days in the desert.
- Inspiration from the first double-leg amputee to complete the race - Duncan Slater, RAF SGT injured in Afghanistan (2016, 2017 & 2022 WWTW team runner)
- Advice from the highest-ever British finisher - ex Welsh Guards Captain Tom Evans who finished 3rd (2017 WWTW team runner)
- Branded team kit
- Several physical and virtual meet ups and specialist training events
- Being part of one of the biggest teams at the event
- Personal support from the Walking With The Wounded team
In the meantime you can see our 2021 team here.
Walking With The Wounded teams at the Mds
Could you be part of our team for 2020? Here are some highlights from our teams taking part in the Marathon des Sables - the world's toughest footrace