Getting the best mental health support for serving and ex-Forces personnel
Op COURAGE is the veterans’ mental health and wellbeing service from the NHS.
When serving military personnel, military veterans or their families struggle with mental health problems, Op COURAGE can help. Op COURAGE is an NHS mental health specialist service in England supported by trained professionals who are from, or have experience of working with, the Armed Forces community.
Op COURAGE is designed to get the right type of specialist care, support and treatment for each person, including serving military personnel due to leave the military, military reservists, Armed Forces veterans and military families.
Walking With The Wounded and Op COURAGE can help veterans with their mental health
Op COURAGE can help ex-forces veterans and their families with mental health support and treatment:
- Helping transition from military to civilian life by providing mental health care with Defence Medical Services (DMS)
- Recognising and treating early signs of mental health problems, as well as more advanced mental health conditions and psychological trauma
- Providing support and treatment for substance misuse and addictions
- Access to other NHS mental health services, such as finding an NHS talking therapies service and eating disorder services
- Liaising with charities and local organisations to for wider health and wellbeing support, such as help with housing, relationships, finances and employment
- Supporting armed forces families affected by mental health problems, including helping them to access local services
How to contact Op COURAGE
We’re proud to be working in partnership with Op COURAGE across England, making sure our veterans get the mental health support they deserve.
Op COURAGE works in six different areas. Contact your local area below:
NHS CONTACT LINES 24/7
NORTH OF ENGLAND0300 373 3332
LONDON020 3317 6818
THE MIDLANDS0300 323 0137
SOUTH EAST ENGLAND0300 365 2000
THE EAST OF ENGLAND0300 034 9991
SOUTHWEST ENGLAND0300 034 9986
For more information on Op COURAGE and NHS mental health services for military veterans, please visit Op COURAGE on the NHS website.
I’M IN A MUCH STRONGER PLACE
Our Support Care Coordination and Head Start mental health service gave veteran Martin and wife Kerry new hope for their family life together.
I JUST CAN’T THANK WWTW ENOUGH
Our Head Start mental health programme helped Shaun understand his emotions and reconnect with his family.
THANKS TO LYNSEY, I NOW HAVE A FUTURE
Our Employment Programme helped Kane into a career he loves and a life with a positive future.