Working with WWTW
Supporting those who served
Work with a passionate and professional team, dedicated to supporting those who served.
Work with Walking With The Wounded and you’ll be part of an innovative, pioneering and effective military charity. With half of our people having served themselves or having an immediate family member who has served, we understand the life-changing support needed by veterans who are struggling to rebuild their lives.
Veterans and ex-service personnel can access free, high quality employment, mental health and wellbeing support, and support care coordination services that lead to practical and emotional progress.
Thanks to our dedicated team at Walking With The Wounded, we’re helping the most vulnerable military veterans manage problems with jobs, relationships, addiction, accommodation and money.
We do it because those who served, deserve.
Working together makes us stronger
Our values at Walking With The Wounded make us who we are. We are a mix of ex-military and civilian professionals all working together to support our ex-Forces personnel.
Wherever you work in Walking With The Wounded, teamwork is always at the core of our success. And we’re there for each other every step of the way. It’s qualities like these that continue to make us the bold, pioneering and courageous organisation we’ve always been.
What we do
We help with employment, mental health and support care coordination for UK veterans and their families struggling after military service.
Donate, fundraise or partner with us and help veterans and their families rebuild their lives.
From our first pioneering expedition to our unique 1-1 services, we’ve been boldly pushing for better veteran support since 2010.
We always support our staff to achieve their potential
Our welcoming and friendly environment is part of an inclusive culture that’s based on integrity, respect and opportunities for everyone to thrive. We’re constantly reviewing how we can make working for Walking With The Wounded an even more fulfilling experience.
This is what you can expect when you work with WWTW:
- High levels of trust and autonomy so you can be yourself and make your role can your own, knowing support is there
- We are an ethical employer who treats people fairly, committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- A competitive benefits package that gets the best for our people, for example, increased leave based on length of service
- We provide the tools, equipment, training and development for our people to do the best work they can and really reach their potential
- Our team success is based on camaraderie. Everyone at Walking With The Wounded is committed to doing quality work, solving problems together and supporting each other to achieve their best
Work with a team who really value Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
We’re constantly working towards a team where Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) runs through everything we do. Alongside our EDI pledge, we are leading the way in working with people from all communities, including being fully inclusive of ex-military personnel, people with disabilities and people with convictions:
- We work with Ban the Box, a campaign to increase opportunities for people with convictions to compete for jobs
- We are a Disability Confident Employer (level 2), recognised as going the extra mile to make sure disabled people get a fair chance
- We hold the Armed Forces Covenant Employer Recognition Scheme Gold Award, making us an exemplar within our market sector
- We are accredited with the Veterans Mental Health Awareness Standard (VMHAS), which ensures organisations supporting Veterans, their families and support networks who have mental health needs are working towards best practice
- We influence and work in partnership with many organisations dedicated to improving the lives of veterans, no matter what their background or circumstance
- We work with Fighting With Pride, joining the Pride in Veterans Standard, to commit to setting the highest standard for LGBT+ inclusion, both within our workplace and for those we support
We listen to our people so we can learn how to improve for our people
Because we’re only as good as our people, we make sure to listen to their experiences, opinions and insights. It’s a curious mindset that makes us a stronger team and more effective military charity for every Armed Forces person who has served in the military, and their families.
We listen to staff and ask questions in things like our employee forum, staff feedback and surveys, and regular feedback opportunities on Chatter. Our people know their thoughts count and as an organisation, we’ll always support each other to be heard and to feel heard.
Our Walking With The Wounded benefits package:
- Competitive annual leave, starting at 25 days plus the three days between Christmas and New Year, and more days for each year you’re with us
- Generous death in service benefit
- Employee Assistance Programme, stress helpline and bereavement helpline
- Supervision for those in frontline roles
- We’re signed up to Cycle to Work scheme
- Pension scheme including 5% employer contribution
- Hybrid working, or homeworking if suitable, with all IT equipment provided
Read veterans' stories of success
I’M IN A MUCH STRONGER PLACE
Our Support Care Coordination and Head Start mental health service gave veteran Martin and wife Kerry new hope for their family life together.
I JUST CAN’T THANK WWTW ENOUGH
Our Head Start mental health programme helped Shaun understand his emotions and reconnect with his family.
THANKS TO LYNSEY, I NOW HAVE A FUTURE
Our Employment Programme helped Kane into a career he loves and a life with a positive future.