D-Day 80 - D-Day Experience
Make history come alive in an immersive experience in Normandy.
- Chartwell to Normandy
- 5 June 2024
- £750 registration fee
- £0 target
Make history come alive in Normandy.
Witness history come alive as we invite you to join our immersive D-Day Experience from June 5th to June 7th, 2024, and step back in time to the D-Day landings of June 6th, 1944.
Eighty years ago, amidst the chaos of war, Second Lieutenant Gilbert Jones, grasped a handful of sand from the shores of Juno Beach. This June, Dan Searson, his grandson, will lead an expedition team to return the sand to its rightful place, honouring his grandfather and the soldiers who valiantly fought for freedom.
Together, we will then pay homage to those who served, as we visit key WW2 memorials dotted along the Normandy coastline.
The journey will culminate in an evening of reflection and camaraderie, as we join members of the core expedition team to light the Lamp Lights of Peace on all 5 beaches.
Don't miss this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be part of history.
05 JUNE 2024
- Attend the official Expedition Launch at Chartwell, home of Winston Churchill
- Travel to Normandy
06 JUNE 2024
- Witness the D-Day Expedition team land on the beach and the returning of the sand ceremony
- Juno beach Centre Memorial Tour
- Beach walk to visit Cosy's Pillbox
- Beach walk to visit Churchill MK1V AVIE “One Charlie” Tank
- Visit the British Normandy Memorial
- Attend a beach of your choice for the lighting of the Lamp Lights of Peace.
07 JUNE 2024
- Depart for the UK